Twilio Autopilot will be shut down on August 25, 2023.
Twilio Autopilot will be disabled for all users on August 25, 2023. After this date, customers won’t be able to access the Autopilot APIs, Console Experience, Studio Widget, and docs. Additionally, Twilio will discontinue including Autopilot support in the new helper library releases and customer support won’t answer tickets or requests regarding Autopilot after Feb 25, 2023. For full details, including migration options, see Autopilot Support at Twilio.
Autopilot is a conversational AI platform to build, train, and deploy artificially intelligent chatbots and conversational IVRs (voice-driven phone menus) using natural language understanding and machine learning.
With Autopilot you can:
- Design natural conversations: Design, build and train Task-driven conversations to automate data collection flows, question-answering, or intent-based routing.
- Launch seamlessly: Deploy as a conversational IVR on a phone number, as a chatbot on SMS, webchat, FB Messenger or Whatsapp.
- Handoff to human agents: Contextually hand off to agents when necessary on Programmable Voice or any messaging channel to Flex.
- Learn from real conversations: Improve your assistant learning from real conversations and real time analytics.
We have quickstarts and a TwilioQuest mission to help you get started with Autopilot:
- Start with our guided quickstarts that walk you through creating a simple assistant with Autopilot
- See the full API reference documentation for Autopilot
- Go to our Autopilot section in the console, and we'll walk you step-by-step through a manual setup
We're always ready to help you with your implementation and best practices as you build with Autopilot. Get help from our support team, or lean on the wisdom of the crowd browsing the Twilio tag on Stack Overflow.
To stay updated on Autopilot product developments follow our blog.
If you have questions related to pricing you can reach out to our Sales team.