For new development, we encourage you to use the Verify API instead of the Authy API. The Verify API is an evolution of the Authy API with continued support for SMS, voice, and email one-time passcodes, an improved developer experience, and new features including:
- Access via the Twilio CLI.
- Improved visibility and insights.
- A push authentication SDK embeddable in your own application.
So you don’t have to use the Authy API directly to integrate two-factor authentication into your app, we provide a helper library for common web languages. If your language is supported, it’s the fastest way to get started. Here are the current libraries:
- PHP Authy Helper Library
- Ruby Authy Helper Library
- Python Authy Helper Library
- Java Authy Helper Library
The Authy app is our free application for time-based one-time passcodes. It’s available for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and Linux.